- 1 What is Zombie virus in computer?
- 2 What is a group of zombie computers?
- 3 What is the other name of zombie computers?
- 4 Which of the following malware types converts the computer into a zombie?
- 5 Where did the zombie originate from?
- 6 What are the 4 types of malware?
- 7 What protects your computer so that it doesn’t get a computer virus?
- 8 What is SEO poisoning?
- 9 What is the main difference between a worm and virus?
- 10 How do hackers use botnets?
- 11 What are the zombie systems?
- 12 What is a Trojan Horse attack?
- 13 What are the top five computer malware infections in the last year?
- 14 Are worms malware?
- 15 What malware term best describes when a hacker takes over your computer to make it do things for the hacker without your knowledge?
What is Zombie virus in computer?
A Zombie is a malicious program that is installed on a device that transforms it into a “ zombie ” that attacks other systems. A computer or other device transformed by zombie malware is first infected by a virus or Trojan.
What is a group of zombie computers?
Zombie computer, computer or personal computer (PC) connected to the Internet and taken over by a computer worm, virus, or other “malware.” Groups of such machines, called botnets (from a combination of robot and network), often carry out criminal actions without their owners’ detecting any unusual activity.
What is the other name of zombie computers?
A bot, in this case, is a device infected by malicious code, which then becomes part of a network, or net, of infected machines all controlled by a single attacker or attack group. A bot is sometimes called a zombie, and a botnet is sometimes referred to as a zombie army.
Which of the following malware types converts the computer into a zombie?
Worm (A worm infection is the most likely the cause for an entire network to be turned to botnets. A worm’s primary function is usually to spread. Worms that do carry payloads often turn computers into remote zombies that an attacker can use to launch other attacks from.)
Where did the zombie originate from?
Origin of Zombies Zombie folklore has been around for centuries in Haiti, possibly originating in the 17th century when West African slaves were brought in to work on Haiti’s sugar cane plantations. Brutal conditions left the slaves longing for freedom.
What are the 4 types of malware?
What are the different types of Malware?
- Worms. Worms are spread via software vulnerabilities or phishing attacks.
- Viruses. Unlike worms, viruses need an already-infected active operating system or program to work.
- Bots & Botnets.
- Trojan Horses.
- Adware & Scams.
- Spam & Phishing.
What protects your computer so that it doesn’t get a computer virus?
Use an antimalware app – Installing an antimalware app and keeping it up to date can help defend your PC against viruses and other malware (malicious software ). Antimalware apps scan for viruses, spyware, and other malware trying to get into your email, operating system, or files.
What is SEO poisoning?
Definition of search engine optimization poisoning: noun The use of search engine optimization ( SEO ) techniques to display results for malicious sites prominently in search results.
What is the main difference between a worm and virus?
The primary difference between a virus and a worm is that viruses must be triggered by the activation of their host; whereas worms are stand-alone malicious programs that can self-replicate and propagate independently as soon as they have breached the system.
How do hackers use botnets?
Botnets can be used to perform Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks, steal data, send spam, and allow the attacker to access the device and its connection. The owner can control the botnet using command and control (C&C) software. The word ” botnet ” is a portmanteau of the words “robot” and “network”.
What are the zombie systems?
In computing, a zombie is a computer connected to the Internet that has been compromised by a hacker, computer virus, computer worm, or trojan horse program and can be used to perform malicious tasks of one sort or another under remote direction.
What is a Trojan Horse attack?
A Trojan horse is a type of malware that downloads onto a computer disguised as a legitimate program. A Trojan horse is so-called due to its delivery method, which typically sees an attacker use social engineering to hide malicious code within legitimate software.
What are the top five computer malware infections in the last year?
According to the Center for Internet Security, the list of most prolific malware last year included ZeuS (aka Zbot, a malicious banking Trojan), Kovter (a pervasive click-fraud Trojan) and Dridex (a well-known Trojan). Malspam — spam email that delivers malware — was the primary infection vector.
Are worms malware?
A computer worm is a type of malware that spreads copies of itself from computer to computer. A worm can replicate itself without any human interaction, and it does not need to attach itself to a software program in order to cause damage.
What malware term best describes when a hacker takes over your computer to make it do things for the hacker without your knowledge?
15. Spyware. A type of malware that functions by spying on user activity without their knowledge. The capabilities include activity monitoring, collecting keystrokes, data harvesting (account information, logins, financial data), and more.