- 1 How do you start a zombie story?
- 2 How do you start an apocalypse novel?
- 3 How do you prepare for a zombie apocalypse book?
- 4 How do you write a novel really fast?
- 5 How do you make a unique zombie story?
- 6 How do you begin a story?
- 7 How do you write a good apocalypse?
- 8 How long would there be a zombie apocalypse?
- 9 How do you describe the apocalypse?
- 10 What is the zombie virus called?
- 11 What are zombies afraid of?
- 12 What kills a zombie?
- 13 How quickly can I write a novel?
- 14 Who is the fastest writer in the world?
How do you start a zombie story?
7 Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Story Ideas
- Turn your protagonist into a “reluctant guardian.”
- Tell it from the zombie’s point of view.
- Foreshadow the outbreak, and then start a “countdown.”
- Blend the military science fiction and zombie genres.
- Follow new recruits through a boot camp experience.
How do you start an apocalypse novel?
World-building tips for writers of apocalyptic fiction:
- Take us somewhere we’ve never been.
- Think about your characters and how they will interact in the new world.
- Think about your ending before you begin.
- Create a world that challenges your characters at every turn, a world where they must adapt in order to survive.
How do you prepare for a zombie apocalypse book?
5 Books You’ll Need to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse
- The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman.
- Badass Prepper’s Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Prepare Yourself for the Worst by James Henry.
- Zombies Have Issues by Greg Stones.
- The Backyard Beekeeper’s Honey Handbook by Kim Flottum.
- The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.
How do you write a novel really fast?
These are our strategies for how to write faster:
- Write every day.
- Use an outline to write faster.
- Avoid editing as you go.
- Research later.
- Practice your typing speed.
- Sit up properly to write faster.
- Use talk-to-text.
- Do writing sprints.
How do you make a unique zombie story?
Brandon’s Top 10 Tips for Writing Zombie Fiction
- Invest in your characters.
- Take your story into uncharted territory.
- Remember that humans can be scary, too.
- Read widely, both in and out of the zombie genre.
- Develop your vision for the “new world.”
- When you get stuck, follow your instincts.
How do you begin a story?
10 good ways to start a story
- Spark a reader’s interest. At the start of a story, all you want is for readers to read on.
- Put a character in a setting.
- Introduce a main character.
- Start with action.
- Hook them in.
- Make it clear.
- Have a distinctive voice.
- Make it dynamic.
How do you write a good apocalypse?
Decide what kind of apocalyptic story it is: before the world ended, while the world ended, or after the world ended. Decide why the world ended and how: plague, nuclear war, aliens contact, etc. Decide how your character(s) survived the apocalypse (e.g. immune). If you don’t, you’ll leave major holes in your story.
How long would there be a zombie apocalypse?
There are 13 days until Zombie Apocalypse.
How do you describe the apocalypse?
Apocalypse is a word that means “the end of the world” — or something so destructive it seems like the world has ended in a place, like a major earthquake. Apocalypse can be used to describe utter destruction caused by war or natural disaster.
What is the zombie virus called?
(The scientists named the virus Pithovirus sibericum because its shape resembled the ancient Greek wine jars called “pithos.”) Fortunately, it appears that the primary threat that this zombie virus poses is to the microscopic amoeba population.
What are zombies afraid of?
Zombies are afraid of fire, so you will definitely want some fireworks with you. Incendiary grenades, smoke grenades and thermites all sound like a great idea. They will produce lots of bang and fizzle, allowing you to escape.
What kills a zombie?
Decapitation: It’s an old method but a good one. To kill zombies, you need to destroy their brains. The most surefire route is simply lopping off the cranium with a chainsaw, machete, or samurai sword. Mind the follow-through, however – anything less than 100 percent decapitation will just make them angry.
How quickly can I write a novel?
A good rule of thumb is to allot at least 4 months to write a book. Many authors report that it takes up to a year to write a book, but more recently, authors are finishing their books in as little as a month to 90 days with our specific system.
Who is the fastest writer in the world?
Mark Kislingbury, the setter of the Guinness World Record of 360 words per minute with 97.22% accuracy, shares his methods. “What does this champion speed writer say about reading back?